Monday, January 4, 2010

January 4, 2010

Alan had to go back to work today, and it was hard on all of us. I love when he is off of work and I love when he walks in the door from work. It is so comforting to have him here when we are all at home.
Solomon, Tytus, Grannie and I all went to the dump today to drop off the BAGS of stuff we got rid of after our cleaning spree. We then dropped Grannie off at home and went to the grocery store. Today was my first day to take both boys to the store all by myself!! It was perfect. Solomon held on to the buggy the whole time and Tytus did not make a peep. My fears are starting to get better.
We were hoping that Tytus would sleep all night due to the fact he was starting to get back on a schedule. Our hopes turned into a night of crying. This morning I asked Solomon if Ty Ty kept him up all night and he said, "No, did he keep you up all night?" I told Solomon all about our night. After I was finished he looked at me and said, "Momma you should have woke me up I would have got up with him last night!"
Solomon truly is one of the sweetest children I have ever met. Today while I was cooking dinner he asked me about the "small girl" who works at the bookstore. He wanted to know why she was so short. I tried to explain to him that God had made her special, but she probably felt sad sometimes because people looked at her and called her names. He then said why do people make fun of her I have always thought she was really pretty. He then asked me if we could go buy her a jewelry box like the one he bought me for Christmas. Times like these show me that I am doing things right. During the everyday hassel of going here and there I always worry that I have not done enough. I love the moments where I am able to see the time, work and prayers Alan and I have put into raising our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment